[Spot] Potential Bug in Spot?

Andreas Tollk├Âtter andreas.tollkoetter at rwth-aachen.de
Thu Sep 13 15:24:43 CEST 2018

Hello,

with the currently newest version of Spot 2.6.1, the following behavior
occurred for me, which I would call a bug.
I attached a DOT file of a deterministic parity automaton which was
written by "autfilt --dot --highlight-languages". What is notable that
(among other pairs), states 10 and 66 are marked as language-equivalent
states. Their "a1"-successors, 30 and 62 are not equivalent however, so
something must be wrong here.
I assume a potential cause is that there are a total of 18 non-trivial
equivalence classes but only 16 different colors defined to be used by
Spot, so some are used for multiple classes? If that is the case, I feel
like there should be at least a warning output by "autfilt" when this
happens.

Best regards,
Andreas Tollk├Âtter